Products

Home Forums eaDocX queries Alias column width

Home Forums eaDocX queries Alias column width

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Mike Blackwell
    Participant

I have recently updated to EA version 14.0.1423 and am on EADOCX 4.1.4.0

When putting out requirements into a table with a stereotype of “Business” I have a column width of 70 for ALIAS but it consistently puts it out as a column which is approximately twice that size. It seems to totally ignore the size I say, the other columns are fine. It only seems to have happened since I have upgraded but not sure if that is a red herring. If I change the width , it ignores it. If I remove the column , it gets rid of it ok, if I put it back , it again puts wrong width. See screen shot attached which shows profile layout and the resulting document table underneath.

It seems to ALWAYS be the 1st column in the table that has this problem. If I move the column to the end, the correct length is used.

Any ideas?

Mike Blackwell
    Participant

Incidentally, it seems that it is giving you a minimum width of 120 (ish) on the first column of a table (no matter what element). If it over 120 it does it fine, if it under 120 , it gives 120.

This seems to happen on all tables on any attribute , providing it it is the first column in table.
    This only seems to have started happening since I went to EADOCX 4.1.4.0. It does it with a previous version of EA (13) as well.

Phillip Khaiat
    Participant

Have you checked the Word table properties/ options to see whether you are using a “preferred width” and have checked the “Automatically resize to fit contents” check box? If you are, then Word will adjust the column widths based on the table content.

Mike Blackwell
    Participant

I dont think it is that as if I move the column to the 3rd position in table it looks fine and the problem now occurs on the column that is now 1st in table. If it was the default for the table , it would happen for all columns.

I am not sure if there is a Word Default for a table for a single (1st) column.

eadocX Support
    Participant

Only thing I can think of is that maybe one of the Alias values has some spaces after the number ?

Mike Blackwell
    Participant

No it doesn’t have spaces…also, if you move it to the 3rd column, it shows it correctly, so it cant have spaces there or it would happen there too.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download