Products

Home Forums eaSheets queries Another exporting information on related elements query

Home Forums eaSheets queries Another exporting information on related elements query

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Mark Elson
    Participant

Hi Ian,

I’m trying to export a sheet of objects that are categorized (via Categorize links) by classes which have one of three stereotypes. (It’ll become clearer as I describe the steps).

The objects appear fine. I want to export a column for each of the 3 stereotypes (to eventually be able to filter by each stereotype).

1) I click on +Add Element and in the drop-down see > <—- Categorizes;

2) I click the > and that expands to show the 3 stereotyped classes;
    > <<s1>> Class
    > <<s2>> Class
    > <<s3>> Class

3) I click on s1 and the class attributes appear, I select Name as wanted and that creates a column called Dependency->Class.Name

4) I repeat from step 1) but now I don’t see what I saw in 2), I just get > <—– Categorizes with *Any under it.

I am guessing there is some validation check that prevents duplicated column names being created – and the column name does not differentiate Classes with different stereotypes.

Is there a workaround or can this be fixed? I’ve also attached a pptx of screenshots. In that I go on to create a another column using the *Any connector and then the next class stereotype. But can’t use that for the third stereotype because, I presume, that would create another “Any->Class.Name” column. I tried renaming the columns in the sheet and that didn’t fix it. I don’t think it needs anything fancier than renaming the next column as Dependency->Class.Name(2) rather than rejecting it. I think we can cope if we inadvertently output the same thing twice. I’m pretty sure in 3.x you could specify the column names to something more memorable. Now they get overwritten back to the “Dependency->Class.Name” style. The 3.x functionality would be preferable.

Best regards, Mark

Attachments:
    Ian Mitchell
    Keymaster

HI Mark,
    Please can you email me some example data which shows what you’re doing, and I’ll try to reproduce what you’re trying to do.
    Thanks

• This reply was modified 3 months, 3 weeks ago by Ian Mitchell.
    Mark Elson
    Participant

Hi Ian, what is a good email address? I tried an abilityengineering one.

Ian Mitchell
    Keymaster
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download