Products

Home Forums eaDocX queries Attribute report – data dictionary

Home Forums eaDocX queries Attribute report – data dictionary

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Dina O’Donnell
    Participant

Hi there,

I am trying to create a data dictionary report for a client for our information model. What the client wants is a table that has one row for the entity and description, and a nested table for the attribute and attribute descriptions in the same row. Having the list of attributes in one cell and the list of descriptions in the next cell isn’t quite right, they’d like to see a nested table.

Now I know that this is pretty well impossible, but I’m wondering if there is a way I can create an attribute report for a package, and include a column for the entity (parent) on the same row. I have tried but no matter what I do, I can’t get the attributes to print out when I am on the package element in my repository. It only works if I highlight the actual attribute. I can manually collapse the entity into one cell after.

The report they have been given at the moment shows entities in line as a header with a description paragraph, then a table of attributes that follows. The feedback is that this ‘takes up too much room’ and so would like to see it all in one table.

Any advice out there…?

thanks,
    Dina

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download