Products

Home Forums eaDocX queries Auto Save Diagrams

Home Forums eaDocX queries Auto Save Diagrams

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Doug Blake
    Participant

This is something I keep doing and I wonder whether you can help by adding this new feature.

I open a diagram, make some changes, make changes from the project browser, open eaDocX and generate a document. Spotted the mistake?? I didnt save the diagram explicitly. So any changes I made are screwed. I would like the option to auto save all diagrams before generating a document. There is no effect on the document, just the diagram.

The reason I think this happens is that, being a database, data changes are implemented as you go so I get into the wrong frame of mind, forgetting that diagrams need to be saved!!! :S

eadocX Support
    Participant

Good idea. I keep doing this as well. I’ll fix it.
    It’ll be in 3.3!

eadocX Support
    Participant

..oh no it won’t.
    There is no API into EA to save a diagram, so sadly this isn’t possible.
    I’ll put in a request to Sparx, but so far their record of creating new APIs to help eaDocX to work better is exactly 0%.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download