Products

Home Forums eaDocX queries Behaviour field has newlines removed

Home Forums eaDocX queries Behaviour field has newlines removed

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Simone Curzi
    Participant

Hello,
    I have a document where I defined the profile for Method as Inline. I choose the Behaviour field to be written and I have noticed that all the newlines in the resulting document have been removed.

For example, I have:
    GET Accessor returns _name.

SET Accessor:
    – Get the name of the current CEO Appointed Structure Group using GetCEOAppointedStructureGroupName() and saves it in a temporary variable ‘A’.
    – Get the names of the current LE Competence Lines enumerating the associated Competence Lines and using GetCompetenceLineGroupName(), saving these values in temporary variable ‘B’.
    – Updates _name with the new value.
    – Updates the name of the CEO Appointed Structure Group (identified by the previously defined temporary variable ‘A’) with the value returned by GetCEOAppointedStructureGroupName().
    – Updates the names of the LE Competence Lines (identified by the previously defined temporary variable ‘B’) with the value returned by GETCompetenceLineGroupName().

And the result is as follows:
    Behaviour: GET Accessor returns _name. SET Accessor: – Get the name of the current CEO Appointed Structure Group using GetCEOAppointedStructureGroupName() and saves it in a temporary variable ‘A’. – Get the names of the current LE Competence Lines enumerating the associated Competence Lines and using GetCompetenceLineGroupName(), saving these values in temporary variable ‘B’. – Updates _name with the new value. – Updates the name of the CEO Appointed Structure Group (identified by the previously defined temporary variable ‘A’) with the value returned by GetCEOAppointedStructureGroupName(). – Updates the names of the LE Competence Lines (identified by the previously defined temporary variable ‘B’) with the value returned by GETCompetenceLineGroupName().

What should I do to maintain the newline I choose?

Thank you and best regards,
    Simone Curzi

eadocX Support
    Participant

This looks like eaDocX ‘helping’ by removing line-break characters which it thinks aren’t needed.
    I will investigate and fix when I’m back in the office tomorrow.

Doug Blake
    Participant

Funny this should have appeared just as I was about to write a similar post. Trailing new lines are ‘helpfully removed’ by eaDocX from NOTES in the output document which doesn’t always look good. I would prefer to have control over content, not have eaDocX decide for me.

See also this link for ADDED newlines about half way into the post.

Seems like the Word “Help me at all costs bug” has spread to eaDocX 🙂

Simone Curzi
    Participant

I have installed release 3.3.15.1.

This does not seem to solve the issue.

Simone Curzi
    Participant

More on this issue: with the latest release (3.3.15.1), the Behaviour field is the only one where the field title is in the same line of the content.

In other words, I have

Behaviour: My text.

instead of:

Behaviour:
    My text.

This is a minor issue, though, even if it introduces a discrepancy.

eadocX Support
    Participant

Which part of your requirement is not fixed?
    The previous post – with “Behaviour: Text” is the same output as all other ‘inline’ attributes, but has the main issue been fixed?

Simone Curzi
    Participant

As a matter of fact, I have seen no change in the behavior of the update. The issue is there unchanged.

Simone Curzi
    Participant

Any news?

Thanks.

eadocX Support
    Participant

I guess you must be printing the Behaviour as an inline paragraph – just found I forgot about that bit.
    Now fixed in 3.3.15.2 now available on website.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download