Products

Home Forums eaDocX queries Change Management Help

Home Forums eaDocX queries Change Management Help

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Clay Melton
    Participant

I created a simple design in EA, and used DocX to publish to word. My company uses Subversion for some change management, so I committed this first version there.

Then, I changed one picture (or drawing) and changed text in one other place. I re-generated my word file and committed this new version to our Subversion repository.

Finally, I compared the two versions. I expect to see change bars on one picture and one paragraph (for the text change). Instead, the text change is marked with change bars, but ALL embedded pictures (EA drawings) are marked as changed.

I want to use your product to communicate where stuff changed. Is there are better way to do this before I communicate to my department how to use this tool?

-Clay

eadocX Support
    Participant

excellent question – but a rather long answer….
    When eaDocX re-generates your document, all the contents of each section are deleted, then replaced. So, conventional Word change-bars wouldn’t accurately show what has changed.
    You have two options:
    1 – Using eaDocX Change Marking: this adds a color of your choice to elements or diagrams which have changed since a date you specify. I usually set this to the publication date of the last version. See help at https://store.eadocx.com/help/index.html?change-marking.htm

2 – Use eaDocX Corporate Edition Document Management. This will create a whole new document each time you re-generate your document, if you choose to up-version it. So you can then use either the native Word ‘document compare’ function, or the simple front-end which eaDocX applies to the same function, to produce a document will all the change-bars you need. This will give much finer-grained control over the visibility of changes, down to the last comma or full-stop. see https://store.eadocx.com/help/index.html?document_management.htm

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download