Products

Home Forums eaDocX queries Collaboration and HTML

Home Forums eaDocX queries Collaboration and HTML

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Garry Stewart
    Participant

When a document is published to HTML for collaboration, only the eaDocx generated content is rendered in HTML.

Is this the expected behaviour or am I missing a setting? I had expected to see all of the MS Word document rendered in HTML to give context to the Sparx EA model content.

eadocX Support
    Participant

Only content from EA is rendered into the HTML version.
    This is because it’s not a ‘save as’ from Word – this generates a horrible HTML document which has all kinds of odd behaviors. I think this is described in the Collaboration Edition documentation.
    So, we re-generate the document as ‘pure’ HTML.
    To support this “100% generated” approach, we have added quite a bit of additional function, such as adding of images from the EA image store (for logos on front pages) and style-overrides.

This is the direction of travel of eaDocX, to move from concentrating on generating Word documents to generating HTML for online review. We’ll always support Word, but our customers are telling us that the online review approach works best for most of them.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download