Products

Home Forums eaDocX queries Compact table of all links of Element

Home Forums eaDocX queries Compact table of all links of Element

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Robyn Allsman
    Participant

I want to create a table for each element in our Domain (i.e. class) model containing every link to which it is either the Source or the Target or, in the case of Association, Unspecified. That’s one comprehensive table – not one per link type.

I understand how to create a table for each individual connection type. I don’t see a way to make one table containing all the types. Any ideas?

And since eaDocX pre-processes the EA model prior to document generation, having the table entries sorted on link type would be a bonus.

I currently have the table defined in an EA Document template but I want to transition the document generation over to eaDocX to take advantage of other eaDocX features.

So you understand the general table construct, I’ll attach both output and the rtf template.

I’m an eaDocX newbie so a pointer to the relevant doco is also fine.

eadocX Support
    Participant

Hi Robyn,
    If you add a Relationship Table for each class, and specify RelationshipType=Any, Direction = either and ‘To Element Type’ = Any, then you can print the Name of the ‘thing’ at the end of the relationship, and the relationship type.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download