Products

Home Forums eaDocX queries Components and instances

Home Forums eaDocX queries Components and instances

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Doug Blake
    Participant

I managed to fix my last problem myself (See Earlier Post but it highlighted another problem which begs a feature request if possible.

In the tables I get for each relationship between instances of components and ports, I am unable to display the base component name for the instance.

e.g. if I have a component called MIXER and 2 instances called A and B, I cannot get to the text MIXER from the choices in the attributes selection area of the profile. I would ideally like to display A:MIXER and B:MIXER in my tables.

Maybe the choice is there and I don’t understand the context of some of the choices I do get. Either way, any chance of some help?

Doug

eadocX Support
    Participant

Have you tried printing the InstanceClassifier variable? That’s where I think you’ll find what you need.

Doug Blake
    Participant

I don’t seem to have the option to print the InstanceClassifier variable.

I currently have the following variables in the Elements related to:Port table

ParentAlias where I have put a copy of the InstanceClassifier for the parent (not very tidy)
    ParentName which only includes the name of the instance
    DGCON_Relationship Name which names the relationship and
    DGCON_Relationship Description

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download