Products

Home Forums eaDocX queries Conditional formatting regarding dates

Home Forums eaDocX queries Conditional formatting regarding dates

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Volker Honds
    Participant

I want to use the conditional formatting feature with the following rules in order to print a document with collected requirements and mark all requirements which changed since the last version.

Profile setting for requirements with inline formatting, e.g. for attribute “last_Updated”

Rule type = Date
    Condition = “after”
    Value =
    Replacement text =
    Color = any, for example yellow

The result is not what I am expecting:
    • Using condition “after” highlights no date in the generated document. (Same with condition “before”).
    • Using condition “on or after” highlights every date, so also dates before the value (“on or before does the same)

Is this a known bug?

eadocX Support
    Participant

Just tested this, and it seems OK in my configuration.
    Are you using this on a machine with USA date formats? Maybe it’s that ….

Volker Honds
    Participant

No US settings, but German date format (which I have to keep selected). :dry:

Volker Honds
    Participant

Yes, you were right. Switching my Windows 7 „Regional and Language Options“ to “English/UK” did the job.
    Using “08/08/2013” instead of „08.08.2013“ marked the date with a color.

But unfortunally running in the UK-mode is not a useful option (having German customers).
    (I observed also a problem when switching back. Also after closing the EA and re-generating the document showed me the English format of the “Last_Updated” date. I had to change/toggle the date once in the profile/requirement/conditional-formatting menu, to see the right date format in word.)

I know dealing with Microsoft internal date format can be a mess, but do you think there might be a fix in the future? Thanks.

eadocX Support
    Participant

That’s great – I have now reproduced your problem.
    Fix is available in 3.3.10.3 which is now on the website.
    I just added some code next to the comment which helpfully said ‘add code for non UK/USA date formats here..’ 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download