Products

Home Forums eaDocX queries Divide diagram into multiple pages feature

Home Forums eaDocX queries Divide diagram into multiple pages feature

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Alex Yakovlev
    Participant

I use “Divide diagram into multiple pages” feature a lot. Most often I have long sequence diagrams that expand down on several pages.. Unfortunately eaDocX ignores this diagram property.

Can you implement it in eaDocX please?

Thanks, Alex.

eadocX Support
    Participant

This is a really tricky one, since Sparx don’t make available any APIs for manipulating images: we just get to copy it to the clipboard, then paste into the document.
    So, the solution is, sadly, partioning the diagrams in smaller bits… 🙁

Alex Yakovlev
    Participant

As an idea to explore.. does Sparx allow to export diagrams into RTF? eaDocX could read the diagrams from RTF then.. it is not nice, but the clipboad way is not much nicer 🙂 RTF would support multiple diagrams.

eadocX Support
    Participant

I’ll investigate, but I worry about slowing-down the generation process.

Alex Yakovlev
    Participant

Have you had a chance to investigate?

eadocX Support
    Participant

We have now had a look at this, as we have had the same request from other customers.
    Our first approach is to encourage Sparx to give us access to the code they have already written for their RTF generator. Another of our customers has already placed a request in the Sparx ‘Request a Feature’ section, but if you can please submit one as well, that will realy help – Sparx seem to deal with these on a ‘most requested feature’ basis.
    We have also spoken to Sparx separately, to provide additional encouragement.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download