Products

Home Forums eaDocX queries EA Script error

Home Forums eaDocX queries EA Script error

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Guillaume Finance
    Participant

Hi,
    I need to define a custom Table in my Word document so the scripting profile option looks ideal.
    However both table VB samples available from eadocx scripts which I was going to amend lead to the following error message:

Should these scripts be updated to work with the current version?

Guillaume Finance
    Participant

Hi,

Looking at the thread here, I downloaded and installed the Windows Script Control from here but it hasn’t resolved the issue.

Guillaume Finance
    Participant

Quick update: I updated eaDocX to the latest version (3.7.5.4) and scripts now work ok.
    Scripts are great for users who have specific requirements.

Manoj Lad
    Participant

Using eaDocX version 3.8.4.7 (trial license)

I have tried to run the Table2.vbs script from the downloads section (https://store.eadocx.com/web-downloads/scripts)

I have linked the script via the profile and when I run it an error message is raised – see image

I have also debugged this locally within EA and used the Script output window to check the Table2 string, this appears to be working correctly.

Guillaume Finance
    Participant

Hi,

Unfortunately the link to Microsoft site for the Script Control has been taken off. I’m not sure whether installing it had fixed my issue or not before I installed eaDocX again.

Try to uninstall and reinstall eaDocX.

If you’re interested I still have Microsoft Script Control installation file on my PC (sct10en.exe as explained on Microsoft site).

Scripting is working well on my PC even via new version upgrades.

eadocX Support
    Participant

Please can you email me the .exe file (zipped, of course) and I will make it available if people have problems with this.

eadocX Support
    Participant

Have you checked that the name of the script, and the name which eaDocX is looking for, are the same string. Exactly.
    This may have nothing to do with the scripting DLL….

Manoj Lad
    Participant

Great spot! Slight typo in the script name and the saved vbs file. Now works as expected!

:cheer:

Thanks for your help.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download