Products

Home Forums eaDocX queries Edit Report – Paragraph Breaks in Description

Home Forums eaDocX queries Edit Report – Paragraph Breaks in Description

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    John McPherson
    Participant

I’m using “Edit Report” (right-click on report/ select “Show Profile”) to modify the properties of a report. I wrote something in the description, including paragraph breaks. The description renders nicely, with the exception that the paragraph breaks do not appear e.g.

Edit Report/Description:
    “This is the first paragraph of my description.

And this is the second paragraph.”

reports as…

“This is the first paragraph of my description. And this is the second paragraph.”

I have tried using: Tools/Options and Settings/Compact Document to resolve this, with no success. (I tried both True and False settings). I am using Word 2007 (12.0.6683.5002) SP3 MSO (12.0.6683.5000).

Is there anything else I can try?

eadocX Support
    Participant

You’re quite right!
    …so we’ve fixed it in the December maintenance release (3.3.15.3) now available on the website.
    Well spotted!

John McPherson
    Participant

Thanks
    I gave this a try and the paragraph breaks now appear. I have some new problems that are related.
    1) The second and subsequent paragraphs are in a different format from the first
    2) The first paragraph is in “Normal” format. I had expected all paragraphs to be in my own format, as specified in: Tools/Options and Settings/Inline text settings/Normal inline text style
    See attached files for demo.

John McPherson
    Participant

Zip file now attached!

P.S. Not desperate for a fix/answer as I have a good workaround for my project

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download