Products

Home Forums eaDocX queries empty lines at end of section

Home Forums eaDocX queries empty lines at end of section

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Engelhard
    Participant

When generating a section, there are always some empty lines at the end. Is there a way to avoid this?
    The attached image shows that I get two empty lines after a diagram. Diagram notes are disabled btw.

Thanks.

eadocX Support
    Participant

This is a recurring issue!
    We keep changing our minds on this one: we get the generator to remove extra lines in some cases, when then makes other cases look untidy, and we put them back.
    Spaces after diagrams is a good example: if they aren’t there, we think it makes the next bit of text look too close, so we added an extra space, which clearly isn;t what you want.

Not sure what to do about this one. We could remove ALL extra spaces, then leave it to you to change Word styles to add ‘space before’ to fix it, but that can make the rest of the document look TOO spaced out.

What do you think ?

Engelhard
    Participant

Well, I see two scenarios here
    1) I have a document where I just want to add some diagrams from EA
    2) I have a package with lots of content which generates to an almost complete document

For case 1) I don’t need the extra space, because I have full control of the surrounding text
    For case 2) I guess it’s better to keep the extra linebreaks. Your argument is sound here.

So that were my 2 cents…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download