Products

Home Forums eaDocX queries Error openinig document

Home Forums eaDocX queries Error openinig document

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Gabor Csernati
    Participant

Hello there,

I’ve got the following error when I’m opening the attached document that I created with eadocx.

“Error opening Word document:
    System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.”

(The content – except the eadocx references – are deleted for security reasons using Word.)

All the other docs are perfectly fine, Eadocx working with them like charm, but this one.

Thanks in advance!

eadocX Support
    Participant

Are you using the latest version of eaDocX.
    WE had a customer with this error a few weeks back, and we traced the issue to some content which had been deleted from the EA model, and eaDocX didn’t handle it well.
    We fixed that in the latest release, so, if that is the problem (which fits if you have other documents which are ok) then please try the latest version.

Gabor Csernati
    Participant

Thank you for the fast reply. I’m using the v3.9.3.17.

I’ve tried Word’s open and repair function (though it opens the doc without any problem) no success.

Gabor Csernati
    Participant

Ok, I found the solution by removing the sections one by one. It turned out that the target of 4th was deleted from the project browser. Now eaDoxc open the file without any error.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download