Products

Home Forums eaDocX queries Excel export: Tagged Values no longer available

Home Forums eaDocX queries Excel export: Tagged Values no longer available

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Guillaume Finance
    Participant

Hi,

I’m using the latest 3.8.4.3 version of eaDocX. I noticed that elements tagged values are no longer available in the Columns tab of eaDocX Excel screen.

I have a number of classes with Tagged Values and I ran an Export to Excel. Opening the Columns tab I’d expect to see them under TV:… This used to work before so it looks like a regression.

I tried on a local EAP file.

eadocX Support
    Participant

what kind of element? I just tried this on 3.8.4.3, and the TV appears (on a random element type)

Guillaume Finance
    Participant

It applies to tagged values that belong to a UML profile (included or not in a MDG).
    I’ll email an EA example to support@eadocx.com.

eadocX Support
    Participant

Remember that eaDocX Excel will look for Tagged values which actually exist in the model. If there are MDG-defined Tagged Values, then only if there are elements which have created values for those TVs (so the TVs appear in t_objectTaggedValues) will they appear in the list of available TVs in Excel.
    This has always been the case, and has not changed recently…

Guillaume Finance
    Participant

Hi,

I have elements stereotyped with an installed profile where the TV is populated.
    I can find the tagged values from t_objectproperties table (alongside other properties…)

could you please confirm the field that you use to populate the column list? (I’m not sure what you mean by t_objectTaggedValues). Perhaps I can find a workaround with this information.

thanks!

Guillaume Finance
    Participant

As an I update, I also found out that attributes Tagged Values aren’t listed in the Columns list.
    I don’t think this was supported but it may be worth supporting them. If I add them in Excel and update the eaXLProfile hidden content, tagged values are updated ok via Excel (import/export).

Note that attributes TV are visible from t_attributetag.

I also noticed that exporting data from EA takes a while to run, even with a local EAP file. Is there any impact from the latest build on the performance?

Ian Smets
    Participant

I have experienced this same problem with both versions 3.8.4.2 and 3.8.4.3. I had changed nothing other than to upgrade eaDocX. So, I uninstalled eaDocX and reinstalled version 3.8.1.0 and the Tagged Values are now back in the list, yay!

Guillaume Finance
    Participant

Interesting..
    I don’t have access to an older version of eaDocX to check, however this seems to be an issue to be resolved for a future release.

eadocX Support
    Participant

I think I have fixed this in 3.8.4.4, now available on the website. Please let me know if this works.

Ian Smets
    Participant

Indeed, it did work thank you.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download