Products

Home Forums eaDocX queries Exception thrown after EA Update

Home Forums eaDocX queries Exception thrown after EA Update

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

After update EA to a latest build (1008) in my case, when eaDocX is started it throws an exception (null pointer) and seems to indicate that no licence has been found.

So, re-entering the licence solves the problem, but should it be necessary to re-renter the licence after a new version of EA has been installed?

This happens every time a new build (or version) of EA is installed.

Cheers

eadocX Support
    Participant

Ah yes- I know about this one.
    It comes about because EA keeps the eaDocX settings in a user.xml file, which is created from new for each EA release, in a new folder under user/app data/….
    I can’t figure out how to go searching the user’s appdata folder, to look for older EA versions, and then read the old user.xml.
    Maybe I’ll ask Sparx to use the same appdata each time…

Christian Valder
    Participant

After today’s update of EA to build 1009 I was asked to re-enter my serial number.
    After following this request I was told, that now my serial number is in use twice.

What shall I do?

Cheers, Christian.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download