Products

Home Forums eaDocX queries Generation of tagged value with type RefGUIDList

Home Forums eaDocX queries Generation of tagged value with type RefGUIDList

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hi!

I’ve got a tagged value with tagged value type RefGUIDList in my model. I tried to generate it with eadocx, but where it supposed to put its content there was nothing. (By the way, RefGUID type works well (eadocx prints a hyperlink to the linked element to the generated document).)
    Here’s a link to EA’s site where this predefined tagged value type can be found: Predefined Structured Types

Is there any way to generate a tv with this type?

eadocX Support
    Participant

I’ve just had a look at this, and there is an issue with TVs which are RefGUIList type.
    In our tests, it prints the actual GUIDs of the related elements, not hyperlinks. I’ll investigate a fix.

eadocX Support
    Participant

Ok – fixed this with a change in 3.9.3.1, now available on the website.

Thank you for the fast reply and fix! I’m testing it.

I found why you experienced other behaviour than me (you saw that eadocx generates the element guids, I saw it generates nothing): my tagged value configuration is the following:
    [code]
    Type=RefGUIDList;
    Values=Attribute;
    [/code]

This is because I wanted to “link” only attributes.
    With this configuration 3.9.3.1 also generates nothing.

If I change it to this, it works:
    [code]
    Type=RefGUIDList;
    Values=Class,Attribute;
    [/code]

However, now classes are selectable too, which is not exactly I wanted.
    Is it possible to solve this problem too?

eadocX Support
    Participant

eaDocX isn’t reading the tagged value definition – it’s just reading the actual tagged value.
    The behavior we now have is that if the TV value = “{aGuid}” then it will print a hyperlink to the element, using the name as the text.
    If it finds tv.value=”{aGUID},{bGUID},{cGUID}” then you get 3 links.
    You MAY get blanks if the a GUID points to an element with no name.
    Oh, and the GUIDs can only point to elements, not attributes, operations or any other EA ‘thing’ which has a GUID.

In this case I understand why the ‘Type=RefGUIDList; Values=Attribute;’ configuration doesn’t work: because there’s no possibility to select an element (guid) to be referenced in the tagged value, only attributes can be selected and eadocx doesn’t support generation of guids to attributes (and operations, etc.).

However, I think it’s useful to mention that with the configuration of ‘Type=RefGUIDList; Values=Class,Attribute;’ when I select only attributes, or both elements and attributes to be referenced (by guid) in the tagged value, eadocx generates everything well with working hyperlinks in the word document.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download