Products

Home Forums eaDocX queries How do I export the Table column attrib. Not NULL?

Home Forums eaDocX queries How do I export the Table column attrib. Not NULL?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Ronald Sonntag
    Participant

EA Tables have column attributes that include things like column Name, Type, Length Scale, PK, Not NULL, Alias, Initial Value.

I can find all of the attributes listed EXCEPT for Not NULL in the eaDocX Columns tab. None of the listed items corresponds to the EA attribute Not NULL.

Where is it and how do I export it to Excel? I need to do this for the 1,000+ Table columns in my EA model.

My export selections Elements: Class, Package, and, Columns: Name, Data Type, Length, Precision, Scale.

I cannot find any other Columns export option that would correspond to the Not NULL attribute in EA.

eadocX Support
    Participant

The data item you need is called ‘Allow Duplicates’ by eaDocX, just because that’s what it’s called in the EA database. The EA user interfaces changes that to say ‘not null’. We probably need to change the eaDocX documentation to reflect this. Sorry

Ronald Sonntag
    Participant

Hi Ian,

Many thanks! I also eventually found it. But, the problem I am running into is that the content I have is spread across many folders. If I choose the top folder, <>Deliverables (see below), then the option to select ALL Attributes goes away. Other than selecting each folder one at a time and creating a separate spreadsheet for each one that I then manually combine, is there a way to get ALL the attributes that are contained in each subfolder in one shot?

Folder Structure:

<>Deliverables
    <
    >Accounts Payable – Sales Tax
    <
    >Accounts Payable – Vendor
    <
    >Accounts Receivable – Customer Details

<
    >System Administration – Units and Unit Conversions

Sub-folder structure (same in all except Shared Entities folder that does not contain a diagram):

<>Accounts Payable – Sales Tax
    (Diagram) Physical – Accounts Payable
    <

> Delivery charges groups
    <
    > Sales tax authorities
    <
    > Sales tax code values

<>Accounts Payable – Vendor

And, of course, the tables have all the columns that contain the Not NULL attribute I need to export.

Thank You,

-Ron

• This reply was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by Ronald Sonntag. Reason: correction
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download