Products

Home Forums eaDocX queries How to create link to a managed document in HTML

Home Forums eaDocX queries How to create link to a managed document in HTML

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Matthew Wyatt
    Participant

Using the EA Docx corporate version managed documents and versions are saved to a nominated local directory with links from EA automatically created in a nominated package. This is all very well but I would like to make these word documents that are created available from my HTML published output.

If I publish the content, including the Package in which the managed document links are stored, the HTML output does include the managed document package with the verison links but the file links from the Version links do not work i.e. they do not open a copy of the actual managed document. It appears as though a copy of the document is not passed through the the HTML site? The HTML link looks something like:

file://eds30796550/ERPDemo/EARoot/EA5/Accounts%20Payable%20-%20Operational%20Procedures%200.0.1.docx

In this example I would expect the EA5 folder to include a copy of the word document? I can manually copy the work document to this folder but this is not really a manageable solution moving forward?

Is there a way of acheiving this?

eadocX Support
    Participant

The eaDocX Document Management feature was not designed with EA HTML publication in mind, so i’m not surprised there is no compatibility. We have experimented with our own HTML generator, but as eaDocX is focussed on generating Word documents from EA, this isn’t an area where I think we’ll be investing.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download