Products

Home Forums eaDocX queries linked documents

Home Forums eaDocX queries linked documents

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Doug Vrooman
    Participant

In our Sparx models we routinely use packages for document sections, where the content is frequently copied directly from Word.

Ordinarily the package notes field is adequate, but a new Word source document has several levels of numbered indented paragraphs, so I have added a Linked Document in one of the child packages in the second parent package (Ctl-Alt-D). All of the original formatting is preserved.

When I add the LinkedDocument attribute to the Package profile, I do not get the Linked Document content. Instead I get repeated sections in my document that correspond to the names of child packages in the prior parent package.

I also tried created a class subtype in Model Guardian and then add a Linked Document (same text) to this element and add the LinkedDocument attribute to this element profile in eaDocX. Same results, no document, repeated package names.

All suggestion welcome.

Thanks Everyone,

vroomado

eadocX Support
    Participant

Which eaDocX version?

Doug Vrooman
    Participant

eaDocX 3.6.2.7
    Sparx EA 12.1
    Model Guardian 5.03

eadocX Support
    Participant

Always best to upgrade to the latest version. Then try again.

Doug Vrooman
    Participant

It now works as expected.

I upgraded to version 3.7.5.1.

Initially this resolved the problem of repeated package names, but did not include the linked documents.

I didn’t mention in my OP that we use MS SharePoint / Groove as a common repository for the team.

I discovered that when I generate a document from my local drive instead of the shared drive it works perfectly. We’ve found some products are sensitive to using MS SharePoint / Groove.

Thanks Terry.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download