Products

Home Forums eaDocX queries List relationships of a class depending on navigab

Home Forums eaDocX queries List relationships of a class depending on navigab

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Christoph Brehm
    Participant

Hello,

I modified the Class profile so that each class section contains a table of the associations to other classes. I did this on the Class profile’s tab “Attributes of Related elements” by choosing “Add Table of attributes”.

I have two questions concerning the relationship table:

• I would like to list only the associated classes that can be navigated to by the association, taking into account the direction of the association configured in the association properties. I can’t find a way to do this. The relationship dialog contains a setting called “Direction” (see attached screenshot #1), but it doesn’t work as expected: If I set it to “Normal”, then the association is printed only from Source to Target, regardless of the direction defined in the association properties. Is there a way to achieve this?
    • If there are no associations, the string “None” is printed instead of a table. I would like to change that string. Under Options and Settings, Application Settings I’ve changed None to “Keine” (German), but it doesn’t have any effect. (see screenshot #2)

Best regards,
    Christoph

eadocX Support
    Participant

Two questions, so two answers:
    1- The ‘Direction’ which eaDocX uses is the Source/Target. ‘Normal’ means ‘Source to Target’, and ‘Reverse’ means Target to Source.
    EA is quite OK to have the arrow for a relationship go in the opposite direction (source->target or target->source), but we decided to use the direction of the source and target. I agree that, is you make A the source and B the target, then reverse the direction of the arrow to make it ‘target->source’, then eaDocX looks like its doing it the wrong way. But I’m afraid that’s how it is. It’s not something we can change now, otherwise 1000s of documents which users have already created will be wrong!

2 – I have just checked this, and it seems to work OK – which eaDocX version are you using ?

Christoph Brehm
    Participant

Concerning 2:

I’m using eaDocX 3.5.4.1. The configured strings do work in other contexts, but do not work for the relationship table.

eadocX Support
    Participant

Ha! Found it. A naughty hard-coded string.
    Will be fixed in the next release – 3.6.2 – later this week.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download