Products

Home Forums eaDocX queries Loaded Profile settings are overwritten

Home Forums eaDocX queries Loaded Profile settings are overwritten

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Markus Bauer
    Participant

Hi,

it seems that Profile settings get overwritten when new sections are added to a document. I created a profile for default and stereotyped components and exported it to a file.
    Then I created a new document and loaded that profile. When I now add a diagram to the document, which contains components with the same stereotypes as defined in the imported profile, these profiles get overwritten.

For an example project with a detailed problem description, see the attached archive at https://store.eadocx.com/forum/2-eadocx-queries/1443-profile-import-doesn-t-work-properly

I am using eaDocX v3.9.5.1, EA corporate edition 12.0.1215 and Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus 2016.

Is it a known bug and will it be fixed?

Thanks and regards
    Markus

eadocX Support
    Participant

When you imported the Profile, what options did you choose ?

Markus Bauer
    Participant

Hi,

it actually doesn’t seem to matter which options I choose during profile load. I tried it with the default options “Import Element formats” and “Import options and settings” as well as with “Import Element formats”, “Import options and settings” and “Delete all existing”. In both cases the settings are overwritten as soon as I add a new section with corresponding elements.

As said in my first mail, I attached a detailed report and project to the issue described at https://store.eadocx.com/forum/2-eadocx-queries/1443-profile-import-doesn-t-work-properly

Thanks and regards
    Markus

Markus Bauer
    Participant

Hi,

is there any update on this issue? Could you reproduce the problem, will it be fixed?

Best regards
    Markus

eadocX Support
    Participant

this has been put in the backlog for V4, so won’t be fixed until that is available.
    And no, I don’t know when that will be.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download