Products

Home Forums eaDocX queries method parameters always show n/a

Home Forums eaDocX queries method parameters always show n/a

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Michael Theurich
    Participant

Hi, I started evaluating eaDocX and find it much better than EA’s built in document generator, which drives me nuts. But I have a couple of smaller problems I’d like to report (and get solved if possible). Here is the first one:

Using the default profiles from mixing class,data,states with components,interfaces, I document a package tree with classes containing methods and attributes. The attributes come out fine, but the method parameters always show n/a instead of the real parameters, in all cases. The methods do have parameters (not all of them).

what is wrong here?

Thanks for any help,

Michael

eadocX Support
    Participant

I think that perhaps the supplied definitions for method parameters are not compatible from V2 to V3. Until I can rectify the error, I suggest that you delete the ‘parameter’ attribute, and add it again – maybe using the new ‘Parameter summary’ attribute, which gives a similarly formatted string to that which EA proivides.

BTW – when eaDocX prints “n/a” it’s a polite way of saying “I’m looking for an attribute which the Generator doesn’t recognise” i.e. a system error 🙁 That would make it our problem!

Glad you’re having a good time with eaDocX – keep us posted on your experience.

Michael Theurich
    Participant

Thank you, that solves the n/a problem. But the Parameter summary has another problem: It “eats” the last two characters of each parameters list, as in the following excerpt (attempt to show table format with fixed-space font, but the visible characters are exactly like in the Word original):

[code]
    Name Parameter Summary Description
    SimpleErrorHandler (in) aParent:SplitConfigManag standard CTOR, memorizes the parent manager
    formatExc (in) type:String
    (in) e:SAXParseExcepti
    warning (in) e:SAXParseExcepti
    error (in) e:SAXParseExcepti
    fatalError (in) e:SAXParseExcepti
    [/code]
    when the original code is like:
    [code]
    private static class SimpleErrorHandler
    {
    public SimpleErrorHandler(RulesManager aParent)
    {
    }
    private String formatExc(String type, SAXParseException e)
    {
    }
    public void warning(SAXParseException e) throws SAXException
    {
    }
    public void error(SAXParseException e) throws SAXException
    {
    }
    public void fatalError(SAXParseException e) throws SAXException
    {
    }
    }
    [/code]
    I’ve tried to generate both in draft and full mode, same result. Can this be fixed?

eadocX Support
    Participant

I just noticed that as well – just thought maybe it was too early in the morning.
    I’ll have a look.

eadocX Support
    Participant

Fixed this one – will be in 3.0.0.2 later today.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download