Products

Home Forums eaDocX queries Missing elements on EAXL

Home Forums eaDocX queries Missing elements on EAXL

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Mike Blackwell
    Participant

When going into EAXL on a new EA project, a user cannot see any ELEMENTS listed to choose from. If I opeen it from my EA , I can. Is it a version of OS problem?

Administrator
    Participant

Do you mean elements, or element types? If its types, then both eaDocX and eaXL only show element types in the current model.

Mike Blackwell
    Participant

The ELEMENTS, COLUMNS, SEARCHES tabs are blank on the ELEMENTS (not showing ELEMENT TYPES) just as if the you open EAXL with no EA project Open. If I open same EA project it using my EA and EAXL(same version), I see the ELEMENTS tab populated with the different types to select.

Mike Blackwell
    Participant

It is exactly the same view as if you have pressed “SHOW PROJECT ELEMENTS” button (the elements disappear) but if you press “SHOW MODEL ELEMENTS” , they reappear. In this users case, they are blank whichever you press, but if I open it , it is fine.

eadocX Support
    Participant

Ah – are you using V3 or V4 ?

Mike Blackwell
    Participant

Am on 3.9.5

eadocX Support
    Participant

please can you try again with V4 – this new version is a total re-write of V3, and I think should fix this issue.

Mike Blackwell
    Participant

Thank you, I will get this organised and retry.

Mike Blackwell
    Participant

We have now upgraded, and although my version seems to work ok, the other user is still not getting elements shown, screen shot attached.

Mike Blackwell
    Participant

Additionally, since her upgrade to Version 4, the EADOC templates we use seem to not work either (they did previously). Its almost as if EADOCX is not able to pick up the TYPES in the EAModel? It will try and generate the document but it will not produce the section data. You can then take same model and template to a different PC and it will work fine. We will try and reinstall software and see if it makes a difference.

Mike Blackwell
    Participant

When trying QuickDoc we get the enclosed error window and I when set on TRACE and tried EAXL and we got the enclosed trace. Both show error messages. Any idea of cause?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download