Products

Home Forums Model Expert queries Model Expert with EA 16

Home Forums Model Expert queries Model Expert with EA 16

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    J.D. Baker
    Participant

Does Model Expert work with EA 16? If it hasn’t been tested yet, when do you expect it to be ready?

Ian Mitchell
    Keymaster

Hi JD,
    I have run Model Expert with EA16. The only outstanding issues I have with it are stability (occasional, un-characteristic crashes) and with accessing the new QEAX database, which seems to have a few funnies (MX has A LOT of SQL…).
    I have also only run it with the 32-bit version.

J.D. Baker
    Participant

I have the 64 bit version of EA installed so I’ll let you know if I have any problems. I also found a SQLite DB Browser that I am going to test to see if I can replicate the searches I did with MS Access in 15.2.

Marc Lampron
    Participant

Hi,
    I have ModelExpert successfully installed on EA v15.2.
    Now I have also installed EA v16.2 on the same machine.

How do I go about installing ModelExplert on EA v16.1 (release 1626) ?

Does the 32 bits ModelExpert works with EA v16 64 bit or does it only work with EA v16 32 bits ?

Thanks

Ian Mitchell
    Keymaster

Hi Marc,
    We have just announced (19th June 2023) that Model Expert is now being delivered inside the ‘eaTeamWorks’ product: your old key will still work, so you need to download eaTeamWorks to get a 64-bit version of Model Expert.
    I’ve not had any problem installing 32- and 64-bit version of addins on the same machine. They seem to play quite nicely.
    ‘hope this helps
    Ian

Marc Lampron
    Participant

Ok thank you. I will try eaTeamWorks.

BTW, there is something weird on your web site about the user authentification. Me and my colleagues are having very often a message from google something that I cannot be authenticated because my actions looks suspect ??!!?? even though I use the proper userId and password !
    Strange… strange. Have your site been hacked ?

Ian Mitchell
    Keymaster

We made the mistake of asking the web team to put a bit more security into the reg/login process. Looks like they over-delivered. Thanks for the tip – I’ll look into it.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download