Products

Home Forums eaDocX queries New Scripting Feature

Home Forums eaDocX queries New Scripting Feature

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I am having a play with the new scripting feature and I have noticed the following

In the profiles section I change the formatting of a element type (and its available stereotype) to use a script (I have written one, and I have also tried the sample Table2 script), and when I return to the preview section, the element is marked as “Excluded from Section”

In addition, if I select a package in the project browser and then add this as a section to the document, ALL the elements are not shown in the preview

In addition I get the error “Cannot generate document” whenever I have attached a script to a profile, (both my script and yours).

Are the two connected? Should attaching a script to a profile mark the element(s) as “Excluded from Section”?

I am having a play with the new scripting feature and I have noticed the following

In the profiles section I change the formatting of a element type (and its available stereotype) to use a script (I have written one, and I have also tried the sample Table2 script), and when I return to the preview section, the element is marked as “Excluded from Section”

In addition, if I select a package in the project browser and then add this as a section to the document, ALL the elements are not shown in the preview

In addition I get the error “Cannot generate document” whenever I have attached a script to a profile, (both my script and yours).

Are the two connected? Should attaching a script to a profile mark the element(s) as “Excluded from Section”?

Just as a follow up, I believe the element may not actually be marked as excluded, but it does show in the preview with a X in front of it. But certainly, no elements are included when a package in inserted as a section.

Just as a follow up, I believe the element may not actually be marked as excluded, but it does show in the preview with a X in front of it. But certainly, no elements are included when a package in inserted as a section.[/quote]

I am attaching the eap file and the docs file hope this helps

eadocX Support
    Participant

Hi Phil,
    Looks like I just forgot to change the Preview pane to understand that some elements are formatted as Script. This will be fixed in the next Beta maintenance release (3.4.0.4) which will be released 7th March 2014.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download