Products

Home Forums eaDocX queries No list of Diagram Elements in Collaboration

Home Forums eaDocX queries No list of Diagram Elements in Collaboration

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Richard Lay
    Participant

Could it be that the list of elements in a diagram, that show in the generated Word document, do not get generated in the collaboration html?
    Using a diagram allows a subset of the elements to be shown (like a view) so that parts of a larger model can be reviewed separately.
    The alternative to this is adding a section for each element and having them turned on and off for each view. I do not want too many sections.

eadocX Support
    Participant

Hi Richard,
    I just tried this, and it seems to generate correctly in a Collaboration Edition document.
    What I did:
    1. created a Package, with 3 diagrams, each containing some elements.
    2. moved those elements to another package (to make it a sensible test)
    3. just printed the package with the 3 diagrams.
    4. I got just the diagrams – as expected –
    5. when I specified ‘print diagram and contents’, I again got just the diagrams – again, as expected – because there was no profile for the elements.
    6. So, I created profiles for the missing element types, and now the diagram & contents get printed OK.
    Maybe you missed the last step ?

Richard Lay
    Participant

I create a package, and in it a diagram. On the diagram I put 4 classes. The are created in the package. So much for the Sparx stuff.
    In eaDocX I create a Word document and insert the diagram. I have a profile for Class that just shows the Name. In the Preview> Diagram options.. I pick Diagram and all contents.
    Then Generate the eaDocX and I get the Diagram and the 4 names underneath… beauty.
    Then enable the document and generate the html.
    When I review in browser, the diagram is in the collaboration page but not the names of the elements.
    Hope you can re-create.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download