Products

Home Forums eaDocX queries No profile found in existing document?

Home Forums eaDocX queries No profile found in existing document?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Ken Norcross
    Participant

I have a coworker who can no longer open up eaDocx documents that we have all been sharing. When he opens the document eaDocx does not seem to recognize that there already is a profile inside the document, and eaDocx brings up the profile selection dialog.

I can open the document fine, but when he opens it it acts as if there is no profile inside the document.

This is version 3.5.5.0 of eaDocx and version 12.0.1211 of Sparx.

I cannot think of any reason why this may be happening. My understanding is that the profile information is embedded inside the Word doc.

I turned on trace and the only difference I see between the trace from my setup and his setup is this:

On my setup which works I see:

7/7/2015 11:23:40 AM – Read XML profile from Custom XML

On his setup which fails I see:

7/7/2015 11:11:21 AM – Read XML profile from Word Field

eadocX Support
    Participant

Looks like he may be using Word 2003, not 2007+.
    Only with 2007 did Word provide the capability to save custom XML inside the document. Before that, we created an invisible field at the end of the document, and hid the XML Profile in there. eaDocX checks the level of Word, and uses the old mechanism is the new one isn’t available. I really must remove that old stuff….

Ken Norcross
    Participant

Now it fails for me also, and I just received a mandatory push update of the Office software.

As far as I can tell we use Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010.

About Microsoft Word says:

Version 14.0.7145.500 (32-bit)

The update I just received was called:

Microsoft Office 2013 Hotfixes – Jan 2015 Patches 1.0.2

This may be our internal name for this update. I am not sure why our organization is pushing out Office 2013 patches when we all use Office 2010. I will investigate on our side if we can remove these patches.

Ken Norcross
    Participant

I am working through the process on my side to get this latest set of MS Office patches removed for our team, and it is taking longer than I expected.

Removing the patches will also only be a temporary fix on our side, eventually we will be required to apply the patches.

What can I do to help troubleshoot this problem for you? How can I help you to fix this from the eaDocX side?

Ken Norcross
    Participant

We were able to remove one of the Office updates, and this has solved the problem.

The update we removed is called: Security Update for Microsoft Word 2013 (KB2965307) 32-bit Edition

We will continue forward with this removed until the company wide migration to Office 2013 occurs in the next few months.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download