Products

Home Forums eaDocX queries Option to cancel document generation

Home Forums eaDocX queries Option to cancel document generation

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Markus Bauer
    Participant

Hi,

it would be great, if the document generation could be cancelled somehow. Especially in case of an error, it doesn’t necessarily make sense to continue.

In my concrete case, I loaded a document from a colleague, which also contained some script generated parts. I missed to load the scripts into EA, so they weren’t available.
    During document generation, I got plenty of message boxes, telling me that a script error occurred. Unfortunately, they only contain an “OK” button:

I think in any error case, the user should get an option to cancel. Why should I continue the document generation, if I already know that it failed?

Best regards
    Markus

eadocX Support
    Participant

Good idea – I will add to the backlog for V4.
    We don’t have a general a function to cancel generation, because that would mean we would have to make the generator run in a separate thread. We tried that a while back ,and it created a world of problem when talking to Word!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download