Products

Home Forums eaDocX queries Order of elements

Home Forums eaDocX queries Order of elements

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Julie Keyes
    Participant

I have ticked the “Allow free sorting” option in EA so that I can order the elements outside of the default element type grouping i.e. in my business process documents I want the activies and decisions to appear in the same order as they appear in my diagram instead of having all the decisions grouped at the end.

When I generate a RTF document it correctly reflects the order of the elements in the project browser but when I generate a eaDocX document it still groups the elements within the default element type grouping ie. all decisions at the end. Within these groupings it has correctly reflected my element order.

I have seen a previous post about the API not knowing of the order changes and it recommends to manually change the order of one of the elements, which I have done and as I said it has correctly reflected the correct order within the element groupings.

I can also see a Sorting tab in the profile element definitions and I select “Use sorting from EA(Default)” although it doesn’t seem to save my selection as when I go back it nothing is selected. But the help states that it is the default.

I am running EA 9.1.909 and eaDocX 3.0.4.0.

eadocX Support
    Participant

Well spotted 🙂
    A while ago, I added some code to make some document look a bit better when no sort order was defined, but I’d forgotten that the EA ‘Allow Free Sorting’ would negate this.

I think I’ve fixed your problem in 3.2.1.7, now available on the website.

Many thanks

Julie Keyes
    Participant

I downloaded your new version, deleted and then inserted the section and it still does not reflect the project browser order.

eadocX Support
    Participant

🙁
    Can you email a fragment of your model to support@eadocx.com, and I’ll have a look. I really thought I’d nailed this one…..

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download