Products

Home Forums eaDocX queries Profile import doesn’t work properly

Home Forums eaDocX queries Profile import doesn’t work properly

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Markus Bauer
    Participant

Hi,

I created a document that prints the relationship between a non-stereotyped component and 3 other stereotyped components within a table:

That works fine, but when I export the corresponding document profile and import it into another (empty) document with the default import settings (Import Element formats and Import options and settings), the profile table only shows the component description and the details of one of the relations, while the component name and the other 2 relations vanished:

Only if I enable the option “Delete all existing” during load profile, the profile is loaded correctly. I have attached the example EAP file, the Word document from which I exported the profile and the exported profile file itself. A text description is also added to the archive, which explains in more details also other (related) problems with Profiles.

I am using eaDocX v3.9.5.1, EA corporate edition 12.0.1215 and Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus 2016.

Is it a known bug and will it be fixed?

Thanks and regards
    Markus

eadocX Support
    Participant

When eaDocX imports a Profile, and you choose not to delete the existing ones (which we recommend) then it tries to only overwrite where it’s cure there is a match. This is not an exact science, as there are so many combinations of Profiles.
    I suggest you choose the’delete existing’ option – safer.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download