Products

Home Forums eaSheets queries Smart Sheet connections: inspector vs Smart Sheet vs properties.

Home Forums eaSheets queries Smart Sheet connections: inspector vs Smart Sheet vs properties.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Tom Andries
    Participant

When I look at the “cascading” relationship in a process decomposition, the Inspector shows me what I expect: an “owning/owns” relationship between parent and “child” element.
    However, in EA I do not find that relationship back in the “links” part of the parent element, probably because no explicit relationship was established, the relationship was implied by the hierarchical structure in the browser.
    What puzzles me most is that (a) in EASheet, there are “children” relationships reported, uinstead of “owning” relationships, (b) this is ONLY done FOR THE FIRST LEVEL while (c) 2 empty children columns appear.

Attachments:
    Ian Mitchell
    Keymaster

eaSheets can show parent/child elements using the option on the menu (Show / Hide element children).
    Showing them in a Smart Sheet does not seem to work, which I will investigate.
    As for your ‘owns’ relationship, it seems like – from your exaple screen sot – that ‘owns’ is some king of aggregation relationship, not parent child, so I’m a bit confused about what you have in your model, as well as what you expect to see!
    Maybe if you provide a little XMI in here, for me to look at? And so you can explain what you expect.
    Thanks

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download