Products

Home Forums eaDocX queries Tagged Values – generate Notes in a document

Home Forums eaDocX queries Tagged Values – generate Notes in a document

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    MelanieRoth
    Participant

I am using a trial version of eaDocX. I managed to generate most of elements that we need for our project.

But I did not dectect how I can generate notes of a tagged value. The tagged value tag and value could be generated by adding a tagged value as attribute.

Can you give me a hint how to do that?

eadocX Support
    Participant

I’m out of the office at the moment, so can’t see EA or the eaDocX code.
    From memory, eaDocX doesn’t support printing of the notes of a tagged value. It always seems a very strange EA feature, to define a tagged value, give it a value, then have notes about the value of the value. So, as so few people use it, we don’t support it. But I will look at including it in the next release.

eadocX Support
    Participant

Ha!
    Now I look at the code, it seems like if you use the ‘memo’ data type for your Tagged Value, EA will then let you define a much longer value for the TV. This is INSTEAD OF the regular TV value.
    So, if eaDocX sees that you’ve made the data type of your TV ‘memo’, when you print the TV, eaDocX will print the Tagged Value Notes, not the Tagged Value value.
    So no change needed, I think….OK ?

MelanieRoth
    Participant

Thank you. I do not know this feature of EA.

I have an additional question. We have an activity with pre- and post-conditions in a model (properties of an activity > advanced > preconditions/postconditions). Now I want to generate these pre- and post-conditions with Sub-Elements > Pre/Post-conditions. But in the output there is only a headline “Pre-/Post-Conditions” and as text “(none)”.

Do I have to fill out pre- and post-conditions in an other field? Or where is my mistake?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download