Products

Home Forums eaSheets queries Exporting information on related elements

Home Forums eaSheets queries Exporting information on related elements

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Bart Van den Bosch
    Participant

Hello,

I am looking to export information on a related element. However, I am having a hard time getting this to work.

I have Archimate ApplicationComponents with a Serving relationship to a BusinessActor. I want to get a list of ApplicationComponents, with in a column the BusinessActor they serve (or a list of concatenated names separated by semicolon, if there are multiple).

When I select the ApplicationComponent Element Type, the dropdown is only populated with ApplicationComponent elements – no BusinessActor elements are available.
    I am able to add a field for the relationship, such as StereotypeEx or ConnectorID.

When I click on the “list” icon in that field, I am able to navigate further in the structure explorer, however, while I can click the checkbox for the Name of the element, it doesn’t show up in the list of columns.

Many thanks for your help in this.

Ian Mitchell
    Keymaster

If you just open the package which contains the Application Components as a ‘Smart Sheet’ (right click on the package, then Specialize / eaSheets / Open Smart Sheet), then eaSheets will find ALL types of elements related to each Application Component, and create column in the sheet for each one.

If there are currently no related elements, then you can use the idea of a ‘Template Element’.
    This means just creating an Application Component, with all the relationships you care about – it can be a dummy compoment, which you only use for this reason- and putting it into the package.
    Then, when eaSheets opens the package, it will automatically populate the columns you need.
    There will be some more information on this technique on the website soon – I will update this post when it’s written.

Bart Van den Bosch
    Participant

Oh I see. Apparently this way only works at the level of the package – I wasn’t seeing these as my Elements are organised in a 2-level package structure, and I was opening Smart Sheet at top level.

Thanks!

Ian Mitchell
    Keymaster

There’s now an article which explains all this. See https://www.eateamworks.com/easheets/resources/insights/template-elements/

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download